Saturday, December 13, 2008

New Camera!!!

Went to the PC fair yesterday at KLCC and yesh, I got a new digital camera!!! Haha. Ta-da! My new camera - Samsung L100!


I just realized that I've been purchasing Samsung techy products. First was the handphone, now it's the camera. I know it's not the most terra punya product. Or a high end brand. But I don't need brand name, I just need a good enough camera that can take good pictures, offer a good deal and will not bomb my bank account.

Besides, Samsung booths are all over the place. The other brands like Olympus, Canon and Fujifilm have humongous booths that are right in the crowded area. I mean, how would you like it if you're trying to ask questions and listen to the promoters while people keep bumping into your butt every few seconds??? Not good right? Besides, their promoters were too pushy. Samsung's people were friendly but not over the top.


They had this camera in pink, blue, silver, black and red. Silver? Wayyyyyyyyy too common. Pink? Ya think my brother will agree to pink? Hahaha. Blue? Nice but a bit too boring. Black? Just didn't stand out... It was sleek but... didn't seem quite right. Red? Stands out, not too dull, not too girlish, something different. Just right. And hey, good colour since CNY is just around the corner :P And, they're limited edition colours. Meaning not too common. Meaning good.

Camera specs:
+ 8.2 Megapixels
+ 3x optical zoom
+ Face detection
+ 2.5" intelligent LCD
+ Self potrait mode
+ Digital image stabilization
+ Battery life ~130 minutes or ~300 shots (fully utilized)

Now, a side-by-side comparison with my Samsung SGH-E950 3.2 Megapixel camera. I promise you, I never photoshop the pictures. Except resizing and adding the borders. Both taken without flash, under the same lighting at the same room by the same person within 2 minutes of each other.


Handphone camera: Not bad but the colour not so good right? Also lack sharpness.


Samsung L100 camera.

It retails at RM699 but I got it for RM559 thanks to the sure-got-bargain-one PC fair. Plus, it came with two 2Gb memory cards. And a towel (haha). And it's slimmer than my dad's already-kaputed fat digicam which you can't just carry in your handbag or slip into your jeans pocket. I say it's a good deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment