Monday, November 10, 2008

Discovery of BB Cream

Only just recently, I've incorporated BB cream into my morning skincare. After seeing so many threads in Lowyat Forum selling BB cream, my mischievous self did not allow me to sit quiet quiet and not go check it out.

Excuses... Yah, I know. I'm just saying that to make me feel better, can or not?

Anyway, BB cream actually stands for Blemish Balm and, as you can tell from the name, it's a cream. According to what I've read, you can use it as a foundation base before applying makeup, (2) conceal all your dark eye circles, ugly zits, big zits, small zits, blackheads, whiteheads pimple/acne scars, uneven skintones and improve complexion, and (3) it also has healing properties as a blemish balm and it lessens or get rid of zits.

So if you wake up in the morning and discover that you have a horrendous zit, what better option is there than BB cream? You can just apply it all over your face (by patting, not rubbing like moisturizer) AND conceal the ugly zit AND heal the zit. Better than applying the other blemish gels which have zit-healing properties but no zit-hiding properties. Better than risking the risk of worsening your skin condition by wearing foundation which has zit-concealing and skin-hazard properties.

Oh, while foundation cakes at the end of the day, BB cream doesn't. To read more about it, click here. Oh I love this product.

So far I've tested three different BB creams because there is no ultimate BB cream that will work wonders for everyone. You really need to try them to see which one suits your skin the best. Recommendation can only go so far. Seeing positive results is way better than just hearing this and hypothetical statements. Just like science :)


I admit that I was a bit skeptical to try out different products like this because I believe that you'll be murdering your skin for trying too many different things at a time. And I still stand by it. Different products contain different chemicals. Then if you're trying too many at once, too many chemicals would be involved and that'll be too harsh to your skin. That's just my belief lah. I don't know whether this is scientifically proven or not.

BRTC Perfect Recover Balm - Bought this from someone online for about RM90++ for 30 ml. This is a higher end product manufactured by a pharmaceutical company (and I think has medicinal properties) so it'd be a bit pricey. The coverage was pretty awesome and it gives me a warm undertone. The texture was pretty thick for my taste but it seemed to blend in well with my skin after a while. Am not too sure about its oil control though it specializes in oil control. Still have to blot once or twice a day.

Skin79 Super+ Pink BB - Got this in sample size, which can also double as a travel size. So far I love this one the most. The texture was more liquidified than BRTC Perfect Recover and easier to apply. The coverage was good in my case. Not as great as BRTC but will do. The oil control seems to be better, and it gives me a healthy glow. One bonus point about this one is that it also contains SPF 25 which BRTC Perfect Recover does not have (you'll have to buy the Perfect Protect for sunblock). With its slight pink tone, my skin looked very natural after application. I might just stick to this one.

Skin79 Super+ Gold BB - This one differs from Super+ Pink that it contains gold and caviar extracts which apparently sooths and moisturizes your skin. The coverage was more or less the same as the Super+ Pink and it also has SPF 25 which is awesome cuz I like to minimize the amount of stuff I subject my skin to daily. Because this is more suited for dry/combination skin, the oil control was practically non-existent. So this is a no go for me.

Honestly speaking, my complexion has improved quite a lot since I've started using BB cream. I find my skintone now to be more even and less weird when I look at myself in the mirror. It also gives a glow to my skin that looks healthy and less oily. I have oily/combination skin, so that's my main concern when I choose facial products. I don't wanna look like I have enough oil on my face to deep fry a Garoupa.

I don't have problem with acne but I do have pimple scars... sigh. My pimples (when it comes) seem to be blooming at my chin area for some mysterious reason. Once upon a time it was at the forehead. Then it was my temple. Now it's traveled downwards to my chin. Maybe I should STOP TOUCHING MY FACE!

Oops, went off topic. So yeah, after applying BB cream, I find my scars hidden and out of sight PLUS my scars even became lighter and are healing more rapidly after using it for 2 weeks. God bless the person who invented this! The inventor is one smarty pants. I know I sound very commercial-like. Sorry, but it's really works! Good things must be shared right?

No comments:

Post a Comment