Monday, July 13, 2009

Chris Daughtry VS Lady Gaga

If you had been following Chris Daughtry on twitter, you'd know that some weeks back he came up with an acoustic version of Lady Gaga's Poker Face and performed it on a German radio channel.



Then came Lady Gaga with her acoustic version.



If I might say (and I don't know if this is a biased opinion ^_^), I prefer Chris Daughtry's version. Just felt that Lady Gaga was wee bit too forceful and garau in her version. I think acoustic version should be a little laid back and not too overly-done. Going over-the-top is OK when it comes to singing some crazy loud rock song, like how Adam Lambert sings Black or White and Play That Funky Music. But for acoustic, maybe she should have opted to showcase more range and power ups and downs, instead of powering through the entire song. I listened to one minute of her song and I stopped because I just beh tahan liao.

Chris's version is just right. Maybe I just love the sound of the guitar. And his voice. I still can't believe he didn't win American Idol.

No comments:

Post a Comment