Saturday, October 20, 2007

Research Progress

My research had begun quite some time ago.

But Suzan asked me why I look so free like that. I think she was referring to why I look freer than her. Hahaa. Well, I was thinking. To begin with, I don’t have long hours of incubations unlike what you have. And I don’t have to prepare so much buffer / stock solutions as yet. And I think mine is pretty straight forward.

Basically these are what I need to do:
- Prepare the solution containing my antioxidant (analyte). Prepared quite easily. Just have to figure out the solubility in water and do some calculations beforehand.
- Set up the three-electrode cell, begin the experiment and adjust the parameters (depending on what parameter is under investigation).
- The other part is probably to prepare the stock solutions containing different supporting electrolytes, which I gather would be quite fun to do. Muahahaaa. I’ll be doing this probably next week or the week after.
- And last part is to prepare buffer solutions of different pH, when investigating varying pH parameter. Which would be another fun thing to do. I get to play with the pH meter. And remember to uncap the electrode prior to using :P
- Later maybe modifying the electrode.

One more thing is that I can halt and stop the experiment more flexibly, and continue it some other day. If I’m not mistaken, yours have to complete some steps within the day itself?

My research revolves around the machine and the analyte. If one of them does not behave well, that's when I'll be having cold sweat.

I do agree that my research progress is kind of slow nonetheless.

I think the most headache part for mine is probably trying to explain the oxidation and reduction activity and properties of the compound. Because how they behave is totally out of my control. Writing up thesis is probably the most tao tia part. Then, you’ll see me pulling my hair, running into the wall, screaming to Tasik Sunway (the tin mining lake lahhh) from my lab, and crying a river.

But I hope to God that won’t happen.

1 comment:

  1. "And remember to uncap the electrode prior to using :P"

    ..... -_-;

    ReplyDelete