Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Review: Cellnique Skin Action Sebum Gel

A while back when I read this entry and this entry, I was tempted to try out Cellnique's Sebum Gel. So I bought it from an online seller (from LowYat forum) who was selling it for RM119 while it retails at about RM169.

It was the Paramedical Series which is sold in their beauty saloons and slightly differ from the ones sold at the drugstores. And well, it claims to work wonders in 10 days. But it works just halfway there for me.

Direction to use: Apply the serum evenly on the T-zone area which is prone to oiliness, blackheads and whiteheads. The lady advised me to apply every morning and night after washing my face, before moisturizer.

Thumbs up for:
+ Production of facial oil at T-zone greatly reduced.
+ Whiteheads reduced... although I think it may not be due to this gel, but to my double cleansing regime (which I'll write about later). But I think they were still reduced somewhat albeit minimal.
+ Smooth nose... don't have those bumpiness on the nose.

Thumbs down for:
- Blackheads still there on my nose and not going anywhere.
- Causing skin redness, which gets redder and redder with application. I stopped using this every morning and night, and almost immediately my skin redness disappeared. Now I use it once every two days. The oil control still works despite less frequent application.

So, will I repurchase or not? No, because its effects is just not up to mark and not worth the price I'm paying. I can buy other products which would work just the same for a lot cheaper price and a larger volume, like SkinFood's Peach Sake Pore Serum. And I don't like the redness it gives me. It just tells me that it contains some ingredient that is irritant (and possibly harmful) to the skin. So, no more of this once I'm done with the current bottle.

1 comment:

  1. Hello.. Do you know how to Add Adsense Code Inside Single Post Only in XML Template? Visit your blog to learn how.. Have a nice thursday!

    ReplyDelete